6 coal miners killed in gas explosion in Pakistan - Islamabad News
by IANS | Updated Dec 04, 2022
According to the reports, six miners were working inside the Shahrag coal mine of the district on Saturday when an explosion occurred in the mine which led to the collapse of a portion of it.
The officials said that fire erupted after the gas explosion some 1,500 feet deep inside the mine which blocked the entrance. Resultantly the miners got trapped in the mine, Xinhua news agency reported.
The workers in the area and the rescue teams immediately rushed to the site and started a rescue operation, local media said, adding that following a seven-hour operation the dead bodies were retrieved.
- Iraqi court sentences 14 terrorists to death for mass killings of soldiers
- Canada's job vacancies declined in Nov 2022
- 'It feels like slap in the face': Sacked Google worker whose mother died of cancer
- Spain to end mandatory use of masks on public transport
- Palestine ends security coordination with Israel after deadly West Bank raid
- Multiple Indian-Americans charged with dental practice fraud
- Sudan, Ethiopia agree to resolve differences through joint mechanisms, dialogue
- Cyprus paralysed by general strike against inflation
- Comparison between Indian and Pakistani Constitutions
- EU ministers discuss challenges of migration from third countries