554 killed in 463 road accidents in Bangladesh in Nov - Dhaka News
by IANS | Updated Dec 04, 2022
According to Road Safety Foundation, a local non-government organisation, the deceased included 78 women and 71 children.
The foundation said it collected the data based on reports in nine national dailies, seven online news portals and electronic media in Bangladesh, Xinhua news agency reported.
It said in a statement on Sunday that 229 people died in 194 motorcycle accidents, which accounted for 41.73 per cent of the total deaths. It added that 123 pedestrians and 79 drivers and helpers were killed in the accidents during this period.
- Household gas explosion kills 5 in Russia
- Finland, Sweden to send aid to earthquake-stricken Turkey, Syria
- Germany sees record decline in real earnings due to high inflation
- Tunisian president dismisses foreign minister
- German study tracks origins of plastic waste in Arctic
- Egypt's FM, EU envoy discuss Israeli-Palestinian conditions
- Lack of jobs drives violent extremism in sub-Saharan Africa: UNDP
- Iranian lawmakers approve bill of memorandum of obligations on Iran's SCO membership
- India the biggest friend of Sri Lanka: PM
- Spain ends face mask mandate on public transport