5.2-magnitude earthquake jolts Dhaka - Dhaka News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
Kazi Zebunnesa, a meteorologist from BMD, told Xinhua news agency that the epicentre of the earthquake was at a depth of 10 km in the Bay of Bengal.
The meteorologist said the epicentre was 520 km away from Agargaon Seismic Centre in Dhaka.
The earthquake occurred at 9.02 a.m.
Fire service officers said they had not received any report of damage or casualty yet.
Bangladesh, which sits in a seismic zone, is prone to tremors.
- Pakistani PM calls for national unity after terror attack in Peshawar
- Vietnam seeks to boost export, production
- 'IMF giving us tough time', Pak rupee plunges after Shehbaz's comments
- Snow, heatwave coincide in Australia
- France, Israel agree to deepen strategic partnership
- Uptick in rocket launches could impact ozone layer: NZ scientists
- Australian govt declares health reform top priority for 2023
- Japan's farm, fishery exports mark 10th record-breaking year in 2022
- Shehbaz confesses terrorists roam around in Pakistan
- Sikh couple in UK killed by son could have been saved: Report