5 Indian-Americans selected for Rhodes Scholarship 2023 - New York News
by IANS | Updated Nov 17, 2022
Shreyas Hallur, Atharv Gupta, Veer Sangha, Amisha Kambath, and Jupneet Singh are among 32 scholars who will begin their graduate studies at Oxford in October next year.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full time graduate fellowship awarded by the University of Oxford since 1903. The selected scholars can come to the UK for two or more years and can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by Oxford University.
Hallur of Phoenix, Arizona, is a senior at Duke University with majors in Statistics and in Public Policy. He plans to continue his passion for healthcare reform by studying medical anthropology and evidence-based social intervention and policy evaluation at Oxford.
Hallur has also taken a leap in making STEM education more inclusive for autistic children, having won a $1 million grant from the National Science Foundation for his work at the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center.
"I wanted to learn more about this unique culture as a student in the UK and the Rhodes scholarship would really allow me to pursue these studies at one of the UK's best institutions - Oxford!" he told Duke Chronicle.
Sangha of Columbia, Missouri is a senior at Yale College with majors in Computer Science, Statistics and Data Science. He will pursue a D Phil in Health Data Science at Oxford, as he aims to explore how artificial intelligence can revolutionise health care.
Jupneet K Singh of Somis, California, is a senior at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where she majors in Chemistry. A cadet lieutenant colonel in the US Air Force ROTC program, she plans a career as a military surgeon. At Oxford, she will pursue an M Sc in Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy.
Kambath of San Ramon, California, is a senior at Harvard College where she majors in Social Studies. A Truman Scholar, who is passionate about criminal justice reform, Kambath intends to do M St in English (English and American Studies).
Gupta of Fairfax, Virginia, is a senior at Georgetown University, where he is majoring in Science, Technology, and International Affairs. At Oxford, Gupta intends to do the MSc in Social Science of the Internet.
November 17, 2022 Other New York
- Exit full screen computer key Crossword Clue NYT
- Syrup flavor Crossword Clue NYT
- Deodorant brand whose name sounds like a synonym for "dry" Crossword Clue NYT
- Arm holder for a harmed shoulder Crossword Clue NYT
- Danish concept of cozy contentment Crossword Clue NYT
- Before the deadline Crossword Clue NYT
- Small amount of parsley Crossword Clue NYT
- Hold on tightly (to) Crossword Clue NYT
- Prepare, as potatoes for Thanksgiving Crossword Clue NYT
- Sharp part of a blade Crossword Clue NYT
- Firefighters battle wildfire in Cuba
- China 'strongly' opposes US move to shoot down 'airship'
- WHO calls for robust measures to tame Africa's soaring cancer fatalities
- Israelis protest against govt judicial reform plan
- 2 injured as blast rocks Kabul
- Nearly 200 soldiers freed in Russia-Ukraine prisoner swap
- Pakistani police arrest 4 terrorists
- Sri Lankan coal company requests over $12 mn amid power cuts fear
- US shot down Chinese spy balloon, confirms Biden (Ld)
- US shoots down Chinese spy balloon: Reports