4 Kenyans killed in roadside blast in border region - Nairobi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
Northeastern Regional Police Commander George Seda said on Wednesday that the vehicle belonging to the Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) ran over an improvised explosive device (IED) along the Garissa-Bura road, killing all four occupants, Xinhua news agency reported.
The convoy of KeNHA engineers was allegedly attacked by al-Shabab who had placed an IED which exploded, destroying one vehicle, Seda said in a security report, adding that other vehicles turned back to the nearby camp which is under police protection.
Al-Shabab militants have been attacking places in northeastern Kenya, which borders Somalia.
- Milwaukee Police's first India-born officer retires after 21 yrs
- S.Korean Parliament votes to impeach Interior Minister over 2022 crowd crush
- NZ govt provides support package for flood-affected Auckland businesses
- 12 terrorists killed in Pakistan military operation
- China renews alert for snowstorms
- Australia's climate wetter, warmer than average in 2022: Report
- Japan's current account surplus drops 50 pct to 8-year low in 2022
- Bangladesh trade deficit dips to $12.30bn in H1 of fiscal 2022-23
- Biden delivers State of the Union address to divided Congress
- Turkey-Syria toll reaches 9,638, rescue efforts becoming 'harder'