317 new corona cases in Karnataka, returnees add to caseload - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Jun 16, 2020
The new cases were reported from 5 pm on Monday till 5 pm on Tuesday, said a health official. On a positive note, 322 patients were discharged.
Of the total cases, 4,456 patients have been discharged, 94 have died while 72 are admitted in the ICUs. The number of patients in ICUs was 56 earlier on.
Domestic returnees were the biggest contributor to the new infections -- 107 or 34 per cent. In all, 99 or 93 per cent of the returnees have travel history to Maharashtra.
Meanwhile, corona cases with international travel history have been rising consistently. As many as 78 such new cases were reported on Tuesday, all returnees from the United Arab Emirates.
Among the new cases, 222 are males and 95 females, including 19 children below the age of 10.
Covid cases spiked in Dakshina Kannada, Kalaburagi, Ballari, Bengaluru Urban, Dharwad, Udupi, Shivamogga, Yadgir, Raichur, Uttara Kannada, and Hassan.
Of the new cases, Dakshina Kannada contributed 79, followed by Kalaburagi (63), Ballari (53), Bengaluru Urban (47), Dharwad (8), Udupi and Shivamogga (7 each), Yadgir and Raichur (6 each), Hassan (5), Vijayapura, Mysuru, Gadag, Ramanagara, Chikkamagaluru and Koppal (4 each), Belagavi (3), Bidar (2), and Tumkur (1).
As many as 34 patients are suffering from influenza like illness and six from severe acute respiratory infection.
Meanwhile, seven more patients succumbed to the virus -- five from Bengaluru Urban and one each from Ramanagara and Bidar.
Currently, Kalaburagi is leading the state's Covid-19 burden with 523 active cases, followed by Yadgir (472), Bengaluru Urban (372) Raichur (270) and Dadkshina Kannada and Shivamogga (217 each), among others.
In all, 4.57 lakh samples have been tested so far, of which 4.39 lakh have tested negative.
Bengaluru Urban has accounted for 38 deaths, followed by Kalaburagi (10), Bidar (7) and Dakshina Kannada, Vijayapura, and Davangere (6 each), among others.
- TN: Dalit outfits demand CBI probe into human excreta found in water tank
- Rs 5,300cr assistance to K'taka furthers its cause of stealing water: Goa Forward
- Guj court orders to confiscate Rs 24L worth property of former MLA
- LG should not stop teachers from going abroad by misusing powers: Sisodia
- Cong calls protest on Feb 6 over Hindenburg report on Adani
- Kejriwal dedicates new School of Specialised Excellence for students of Class 9 to 12
- Gurugram: Court summons ex-SDM, MCG joint commissioner in land fraud case
- Mohali industrialists allege discrimination by Punjab Infotech
- Telangana Budget session to begin with Governor's address
- Adani imbroglio: MVA, locals worry over fate of mega Dharavi revamp project