3 killed, 3 injured in clash over land dispute in Bareilly - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
The incident took place at Govindpur of Katka Raman gram panchayat under the Faridipur police circle late on Wednesday evening.
The deceased include Sardar Paramvir Singh and Devendra Singh, while the third victim was yet to be identified, the police added.
Three persons have suffered bullet wounds in the firing and are undergoing treatment at the district hospital.
A heavy police force has been deployed in the village to avoid any further scuffle.
According to the police spokesman, a group led by former pradhan of Raipur Hans gram panchayat, Suresh Singh allegedly opened fire first.
The former pradhan had a dispute with the three deceased over the possession of nearly 135 bigha of land. In retaliation, the second group also opened fire, the police said.
Several persons have been detained for questioning in the case.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC