2nd ODI: I am enjoying my bowling a lot, says Kuldeep Yadav on three-fer in Kolkata - Kolkata News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
"I am happy with my performance. Since the last one year, I have been trying to back my strength and not think much. Whenever I get my chance, I just think about performing well. I am enjoying my bowling a lot," said Kuldeep in the post-match presentation ceremony, on being awarded Player of the Match award.
Kuldeep played the match in Kolkata after leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal missed due to a sore right shoulder. He made full use of the opportunity by spinning a web around the Sri Lanka batters in the middle overs and trapping them with ease through his speed, variations and control.
He struck in his very first over by breaking the 73-run stand between Nuwanidu Fernando and Kusal Mendis by trapping the latter lbw with a top-spinner. He then bowled captain Dasun Shanaka around his legs when he was shaping up to play a sweep. Kuldeep then foxed Charith Asalanka with his dip to complete a simple caught and bowled dismissal.
"The team combination matters, so I just try to give my best whenever I get my chance. I bowl the faster in the IPL and T20Is also to give the batter one run. So I just did that here also," he added.
After being impressive with the ball, Kuldeep struck two fours in his 10 not out, one of which was the winning runs to give India a hard-fought victory. Apart from batting and fitness work, Kuldeep also credited Chahal for helping him with intel on the Sri Lankan batters.
"I have worked on my batting a lot of late. Same with the fitness. Whenever I get time, I go to the NCA. So thanks to the trainers there. That's one thing I have tried to do in the last one year. Earlier, I wasn't much into it. Chahal too gave me inputs about their batters."
- PVL: Presence of fans in stadiums across the three cities will add to the electrifying atmosphere inside the venues, says Joy Bhattacharjya
- Women's T20 Tri-series: Deepti Sharma helps dominant India thrash West Indies
- La Laga 2022-23: Four things we learned in Spain's Matchday 19 (Analysis)
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Tim David as replacement for injured Livingstone
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Henry Brookes in place of Olly Stone for 2023 season
- MP CM Shivraj Chouhan declares Khelo India Youth Games open in Bhopal
- Sachin Tendulkar, BCCI office-bearers to felicitate World Cup-winning U19 women's team
- World Veterans TT: Yogesh Desai claims gold in 70+, Mantu Murmu wins women's 60+ crown
- Boxer Tamanna Beniwal looking to win 4th medal in Khelo India Youth Games
- New Zealand's Bracewell refuses to criticise Lucknow pitch after losing T20I on spin-friendly track