24-yr-old resident doctor commits suicide in Bhopal - Bhopal News
by IANS | Updated Jan 04, 2023
The police claimed to have recovered a suicide note, in which Aakanksha wrote: "I can't take that much stress."
However, the police are yet to reveal more details in the case, stating that the matter is under investigation.
"Senior officers have joined the probe. The other doctors and her colleagues at the hospital are being questioned. The development has shocked her friends and family. We can't comment more on the case until we get the autopsy report," a police officer said.
Aakanksha was found dead at her hostel room in Gandhi Medical College (GMC) at around 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Sources told IANS that Aakanksha was on duty in the morning, but she returned to her hostel room early complaining of illness.
Later in the evening, when some other resident doctors returned to their hostel rooms, they noticed that Aakanksha's room was closed. Later, she was found lying unconscious in her room.
Senior doctors, including the head of GMC and the dean, rushed to the spot after informing the police, one of the resident doctors told IANS.
Aakanksha, who hailed from Gwalior, had recently enrolled for MD in Pediatrics at the Gandhi Medical College, the biggest state-run medical college in Madhya Pradesh.
The college is located within the campus of Hamidia Hospita.
- Maha: MVA, others seek probe into scribe's 'murder', decry lawlessness
- Karnataka's ruling BJP, opposition parties gear up for last Assembly session
- Upendra Kushwaha has given his 'dil' to someone else: RJD leader
- Leopard attacks 3 in Ghaziabad court
- Govt circulates draft scheme for contractual disputes settlement
- Erode East by-poll: Winning must for EPS to stamp his authority on AIADMK
- South Western Command holds investiture ceremony
- Teachers' scam: 'OMR sheets with special codes used in exam'
- Repeated scams in AAP regime exposed Punjab CM: Sukhbir
- 'Extremely excessive': SC quashes Rs 2 crore compensation for haircut gone wrong