23 injured in TN jallikattu event - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 15, 2023
Thirteen of the injured were admitted to Madurai Rajaji Government Medical College.
The jallikattu, considered one of the most popular bull-taming events, was being held on Sunday early morning and coincided with the Mattu Pongal.
The jallikattu festival is considered a dangerous sport in which people injure themselves while trying to tame raging bulls. The winners are given two-wheelers, clothes, jewels, and money, and several youths participate in the jallikattu events at various places in Tamil Nadu during the Pongal festival.
It is to be noted that Pongal is the biggest festival of Tamil Nadu which is held from January 15 to 18.
- What is 'Dry Dating' and why is it popular in 2023?
- Natural fibres popular in 2023
- Udayanidhi Stalin to campaign for EVKS Elangovan in Erode East bypolls
- Dalit family gets police protection after threats from upper castes in UP
- Noida STF arrests 'solver' gang member carrying Rs 25K reward
- PM Modi wears jacket made of material recycled from plastic bottles
- Why CBI not initiating action against illegally recruited non-teaching staff: Calcutta H
- Covid cases in India could be 17 times more: Study
- 108 Buddhists from Republic of Korea on a 43-day pilgrimage
- Dos and don'ts of baby skincare for first-time parents