21-year-old soldier from Himachal martyred - Shimla News
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
Thakur, who belonged to Karohta village of Bhoranj tehsil of Hamirpur district, was the third generation in the army. He joined the Indian Army in 2018.
His father Anil Thakur and grandfather had also served in the army. The younger brother of the martyr is studying in Class VI.
Extending his heartfelt condolences to the family, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Wednesday said the state has issued an advisory in Lahaul-Spiti and Kinnaur districts to take all precautionary measures.
He said the police have been directed to share any kind of information with the army authorities.
Lahaul-Spiti and Kinnaur districts are located adjoining Tibet in China.
Chief Minister prayed the almighty to give peace to the departed soul and strength to the bereaved family members to bear this irreparable loss.
He said Ankush Thakur's martyrdom would always be remembered by the people.
Thakur's body will be given a state funeral, an official said.
Governor Bandaru Dattatraya said, "Our soldiers displayed exemplary courage and valour in the line duty."
- Social media: Dos and don'ts issued for UP Police
- Women can offer 'namaz' in mosques: AIMPLB to SC
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case