2 drug peddlers nabbed in Delhi, over 100 kg cannabis recovered - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The accused have been identified as Rahul, 22, a resident of Tilak Nagar area and Dipak Das, 30, a resident of Mahipalpur area.
"On December 4, specific inputs were received that two men on a scooty carrying a huge consignment of cannabis would be coming through Lado Sarai, MB Road, to deliver some person which would be supplied to Badarpur area," said Chandan Chowdhary, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (South).
"Acting on the inputs, a trap was laid and the duo was nabbed. On checking of the scooty, 56.5 kg cannabis in 22 packets were recovered from their possession. Further at the instance of accused Dipak, 46.488 kg cannabis was also recovered," Chowdhary added.
Upon questioning of the accused, it was revealed that the said consignment was procured from North East's Tripura.
"Dipak used to procure consignment from Tripura at a cost of Rs 5000-6000 per kg and supplied it at a cost of Rs 10,000-12,000 per kg in Delhi and its peripherals," said the officer.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time