2 arrested over 'cartel like execution' in California - Hillerod (Denmark) News
by IANS | Updated Feb 04, 2023
The carnage took place inside a private residence in Goshen, Tulare County, and the victims were identified as Rosa Parraz (72), Eladio Parraz Jr (52), Jennifer Analla (50), Marcos Parraz (19), Elyssa Parraz (16) and Nycholas Parraz (10 months), reports the BBC.
Addressing a press conference on Friday, Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux said Angel Uriarte (35) was arrested after a shootout with the police.
He was injured and was currently undergoing surgery, the Sheriff said.
Meanwhile, Noah David Beard (25) was taken into custody without incident, he added.
"I'm happy we were able to put these two men behind bars," said Boudreaux, adding that the two suspects and members of the victims' families were known to have a long history of gang violence.
Following the killings, authorities had offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the suspects' arrests.
Boudreaux said the manhunt was known as "Operation Nightmare", and it involved around-the-clock surveillance of the suspects and multiple search warrants, some of which included inmates' cells in state prisons, the BBC reported.
- Sikh professor deported in 2021 returns to Fiji
- Israeli fighter jets strike Gaza military post in response to rocket fire
- Cambodia revokes West-backed VOD radio's license over 'slanderous' broadcast
- Sedition case against ex-Pak Finance Minister for 'sabotaging negotiations' with IMF
- 6.1-magnitude quake hits New Zealand
- US-China rivalry will not split the world, globalisation is here to stay: Study
- S.Korean civic group accuses Army man of covering up suicide of bullied conscript
- Questions about spate of high-altitude objects shot down over North America
- Cambodian Prime Minister visits Laos; discusses strategic partnership, border
- Venezuelan Prez urges youths to defeat US blockade on National Youth Day