16 states/UTs tableaux in 2023 Republic Day parade, major poll-bound states missing - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
The states whose tableaux have been finalised by the government till now, include Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal as well as Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh.
Notably eight of the nine states which will go to polls in 2023, are not in the abovementioned list whose tableaux would be on display during the Republic Day parade this year. These include Congress-ruled Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh and even other Assembly poll-bound states like Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Mizoram.
Only poll-bound Tripura's tableaux is there.
Congress-ruled Himachal Pradesh and AAP-ruled Delhi and Punjab are also missing from the list.
Sources aware of the development informed that the 16 states and Union Territories named above have been finalised as of now and no further inclusions are likely to be made in the list.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time