12 terrorists killed in Pakistan military operation - Islamabad News
by IANS | Updated Feb 08, 2023
In the overnight operation, the security forces targeted a vehicle of the terrorists associated with the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) terror group by acting on an intelligence tip-off, the military's media wing Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in the statement.
"Terrorists' movements and activities were being watched by intelligence tentacles for the last week. Terrorists were lured in by providing a vehicle for escape that was intercepted and neutralized," Xinhua news agency quoted the ISPR as saying.
Weapons, ammunition, and foreign currency were also recovered from the terrorists during the operation, the statement added.
Security Forces are carrying out clearance operations in the area, the ISPR said.
- Sikh professor deported in 2021 returns to Fiji
- Israeli fighter jets strike Gaza military post in response to rocket fire
- Cambodia revokes West-backed VOD radio's license over 'slanderous' broadcast
- Sedition case against ex-Pak Finance Minister for 'sabotaging negotiations' with IMF
- 6.1-magnitude quake hits New Zealand
- US-China rivalry will not split the world, globalisation is here to stay: Study
- S.Korean civic group accuses Army man of covering up suicide of bullied conscript
- Questions about spate of high-altitude objects shot down over North America
- Cambodian Prime Minister visits Laos; discusses strategic partnership, border
- Venezuelan Prez urges youths to defeat US blockade on National Youth Day