10 killed in bus-truck accident in Maha, CM orders probe - Nashik News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
The accident took place around 7 a.m. when the bus from Ambernath in Thane was heading to the temple town of Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
Chief Minister Eknath Shinde expressed grief over the tragedy and announced a compensation of Rs 5-lakh to the kin of all the deceased and free medical treatment for all the injured victims.
Shinde also ordered a probe into the accident, the causes and related aspects, said an official.
Among those who perished in the accident are at least six women, a man and the rest are children.
The injured victims have been admitted to the Sinnar Rural Hospital and some serious ones have been rushed to Pune hospitals.
- 2020 Delhi riots: Court acquits nine accused
- Fire breaks out at Amara Raja plant in Andhra Pradesh
- Tanzania delegation meets BJP chief Nadda in Delhi
- 18-year-old stabbed to death in South Delhi
- Rajasthan Governor inaugurates Lokotsav in Goa
- Yediyurappa announces retirement from electoral politics
- As iconic Kovalam hotel marks golden jubilee, scholarships worth Rs 10 mn announced
- 'Bharat Jodo Yatra' brought all anti-social elements together: BJP MP Sudhanshu Trivedi
- Congress strategists think Rahul has emerged as leader in opposition