Jindal institute inks pact with Springer Nature Singapore
Updated: Jun 22, 2020 12:25 IST
As per the agreement, both sides will explore opportunities for co-publishing work in behavioural sciences, but will not be limited to individual titles, series titles, new editions of books to be published by the Institute, and any other works that do not fall into these categories.
The institute shall also remain the exclusive owner of the copyright of works published by the Springer under this agreement.
In return, Springer Nature will have exclusive rights to sell and distribute the Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences' (JIBS) co-publications throughout the globe.
The collaboration would provide a robust platform for the institute's young researchers to engage in international academic exchange and publish their research, said Professor Sanjeev P. Sahni, Principal Director of JIBS, who signed the agreement on behalf of JIBS.
The agreement aims to achieve global academic and research excellence for its academic accomplishments to become a leading research institute internationally, JIBS said.
"This is a significant step towards wider outreach and dissemination of the quality research we produce in our institute with the help of a strong and multipronged network provided by the Springer Nature," Sahni said.
Springer is part of Springer Nature, a 175-year-old renowned global publisher that serves and supports the research community.
The agreement also paves way for joint events and exhibitions to be organised by the two parties on themes of mutual interest which include academic writings, education and other research oriented activities.
Since the inception of JIBS, till date Springer Nature Singapore has published four books- The Death Penalty: Perspectives from India and Beyond; Piracy in the Digital Era: Psychosocial, Criminological and Cultural Factors; Internet Infidelity: An Interdisciplinary Insight in a Global Context; Criminal Psychology and the Criminal Justice System in India and Beyond - authored by the JIBS faculty.
The projects planned for the year 2020-21 are -- Spirituality and Management: From Models to Applications; Holistic Development of Children: Classroom Monitoring through Rubrics; Inclusive Model of Rehabilitation for Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation in India; and Mental Training Skills Model: Enhancing Performance and Well-being of Target Sports Athletes.
Established on April 22, 2014, JIBS is a value-based research Institute of O.P. Jindal Global University and a member of the Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS).
Mobiles & Tabs
- BCCI appoints Hemang Amin as interim CEO
- Pilot releases video of his MLAs strategising in Manesar
- National Tape Measure Day
- Shops to open 7 hours only during Bengaluru lockdown
- Mouni Roy travels from UAE post 4 months of lockdown
- Online Open Book Exam to begin from August 17, DU tells HC
- 1,550 new cases, nine deaths in Telangana
- India's June consumer price index at 6.09% (Lead)
- Taapsee Pannu recalls 'too many firsts' associated with 'Saand Ki Aankh'
- Rail Bhawan shut for 2 days after officials test Covid positive
- Finance Minister reviews Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Donal Bisht launches campaign to uplift spirits of fellow actors
- Let Gehlot prove numbers instead of shunting MLAs to resorts: Pilot loyalist
- CBDT allows one-time relaxation for e-filed ITR verification
- Bus services between Ahmedabad, 2 other cities suspended too
- Darshan Raval to unveil his new monsoon song
- Assam flood situation worsensdeteriorates; 50 dead, 24 lakh hit
- Franklin Templeton funds received Rs 3,275 cr since closure
- J&K L-G launches 10 power projects, lays foundation for 7 others
- Scrap the amendments to poll rules, DMK urges EC
- National Tape Measure Day
- National Mac And Cheese Day
- National Grand Marnier Day
- National French Fry Day
- International Malala Day 2020
- Paper Bag Day 2020
- National Simplicity Day 2020
- Different Colored Eyes Day 2020
- Eat Your Jello Day 2020
- National Pecan Pie Day 2020
- All American Pet Photo Day
- National Ice Cream Day
- National 7-Eleven Day
- National Blueberry Muffin Day
- National Rainier Cherry Day
- National Cheer Up The Lonely Day
- National Mojito Day
- Blackout Day
- International Chess Day 2020
- World Photography Day 2020
- World Suicide Prevention Day 2020
- National Clerihew Day
- International Youth Day
- National Hand Roll Day
- National Kitten Day