- Fresherslive »
- About »
- Territorial Army Day - 9th Oct - When is Territorial Army Day Celebrated? It’s History, Significance and Facts
Territorial Army Day - 9th Oct - When is Territorial Army Day Celebrated? It’s History, Significance and Facts
Updated August 27, 2020
The Territorial Army Day is observed on 9th Oct and this is being celebrated as Prime Minister's Territorial Army Day Parade every year. The territorial Army Day presents the territorial army which is a part of Regular Army. The Territorial Army Day represents. Territorial Army Day is commended to perceive the commitment of the Territorial Army which is dynamic in various fields. Territorial Army Day centers around empowering all units of the Territorial Armed force.
Territorial Army Day
Territorial Army Day is also known as Territorial Army Raising Day and is celebrated on October 9 every year. Officers including Junior Commissioned Officers and Other Ranks of Territorial Army and their families, are invited by The President of India, at Rashtrapati Bhawan. The Territorial Army Day celebration function includes various events such as Half Marathon at Cariappa Parade Ground, Parade, Sports activities, etc. Territorial Army Day aims to put an image of the Territorial Army as a vibrant and committed organisation and also to promote healthy lifestyle in all ranks and families of Armed Forces. The event constitutes enthusiastic participation by more than 3000 personnel.
The event is witnessed by a humongus civilian crowd who encourages and adds more to the patriotic environment of the evening. Territorial Army Day is celebrated to recognise the contribution of the Territorial Army which is active in numerous fields. Territorial Army Day focuses on encouraging all units of territorial army
Territorial Army Day History :
The territorial Army Day is a result of the Territorial Army Act that was enacted in 1948. The concept of the Territorial Army (TA) is to provide part time military training to gainfully employed citizens who become competent soldiers as a result of the military training imparted to them.The root of the Territorial Army Day can be traced back to 1857. It was raised as "Volunteers" and was enrolled uniquely from the Europeans and Anglo-Indians. On 01 October 1920, the Indian Territorial Force Bill was passed bringing about the revamping of the Territorial Army into two separate wings, to be specific, the Auxiliary Force and the Indian Territorial Force. While the previous was implied distinctly for the Europeans and Anglo-Indians, the last for the Indians.
Post Independence in 1947, the Territorial Army Act was enacted on 18 August 1948, putting the picture about the constitution of the current Territorial Army and Territorial Army day.
Territorial Army Day has its roots when The Indian Defense Force (IDF), joining Europeans and Indians in discrete areas, was shaped by the British on 9 October 1917. It was built up so as to deliver normal soldiers from battalion obligations during the First World War. It was partitioned into British and Indian segments. Like the Indian Army of the time, units in the Indian segment comprised fundamentally of British officials and Indian different positions. Units in the British segment were all British.
Territorial Army Day - Significance :
Territorial Army Day is celebrated to recognise the contribution of the Territorial Army which is active in numerous fields. Territorial Army Day focuses on encouraging all units of territorial army with the motive to -
- To Encourage Infantry Battalions including Home & Hearth Battalions.
- To Encourage Ecological Task Forces.
- To appreciate Railway Engineer units.
- To encourage Oil Sector units.
- To encourage Engineer units for Line of Control Fencing.
- To encourage One Composite Ecological Task Force
Territorial Army Day - Interesting Facts
- The idea of origin of the Territorial Army Day can be traced back to 1857
- The Prime Minister's Territorial Army Day Parade occurs on 9 October
- The Territorial Army lately have around 40,000 first-line troops
- The Territorial Army Symphony Band organised a band display at India Gate,Delhi on October 8, 2017.
- Territorial Army Day celebration 2017 was flagged off by Lt. Colonel (Honorary) Kapil Dev (former captain of Indian cricket team) and Director General of Military Operations.
- The Indian Territorial Force Bill was passed bringing about the revamping of the Territorial Army into two separate wings
- Territorial Army Day aims to put an image of the Territorial Army as a vibrant and committed organisation and also to promote healthy lifestyle in all ranks and families of Armed Forces.
- Territorial Army Day has its roots when The Indian Defense Force (IDF), joining Europeans and Indians in discrete areas, was shaped by the British on 9 October 1917
- The Territorial Army makes an impressive show of their abilities during the procession which is instructed by Colonel and includes ten walking contingents, fifteen groups and three scenes of Railway Engineers, Oil Sector and Ecological Territorial Army units.
Quotes - Territorial Army Day
“Either I will come back after hoisting the Tricolour (Indian flag), or I will come back wrapped in it, but I will be back for sure” - Captain Vikram Batra
“Only best of the friends and worst of the enemies visit us” – Indian Army
“There will be no withdrawal without written orders and these orders shall never be issued”- Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
“We fight to win and win with a knockout, because there are no runners up in war” -General JJ Singh
“If death strikes, before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill death” - Capt. Manoj Kumar Pandey
“If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or a Gurkha” - Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
“The enemy is only 50 yards from us. We are heavily outnumbered. We are under devastating fire. I shall not withdraw an inch but will fight to our last man and our last round” - Major Somnath Sharma
- Raja Rani Coupon Result
- Russia Gosloto Result Today
- Skylot Result
- Rest in peace my king: Hardik's emotional letter for late father
- Afghanistan launches polio vaccination targeting 9.9mn kids
- sunlott result today
- India rises to the occasion in world war to defeat Covid-19
- Bio-aesthetic points: A new approach to fight off ageing
- 103-yr-old casts vote in Himachal panchayat polls
- 4th Test: Thakur-Sundar rearguard keeps India in the game
- Ryan Reynolds message to cancer-stricken 11-year-old 'Deadpool' fan
- PM pays tributes to MGR on birth anniversary
- Jowai Ladrymbai Teer Common Number Today
- Corona pandemic affected people psychologically as well: Expert (Ld)
- Vikas Dubey's wife objects to book, film on his life
- Technology enables fluid lifestyle across cities, generations
- IIT-BHU signs pact for coal research
- You can buy 2020's best-shot images to raise funds for children
- Covid-19 altered cultural, entertainment scenario of Goa: Amit Satija, IAS
- PM flags off 8 trains to Statue of Unity in Gujarat
- General News
- Cinema/Showbiz News
- National News
- Sports News
- Science/Technology News
- International News
- Business News
- Entertainment News
- INDIA News
- Tech News
- Quotes News
- Corona News
- LifeStyle News
- Lyrics News
- Cricket News
- Cine-Special News
- Riddles News
- Religion News
- Cricket News
- Television News
- App News News
- Games News
- Movies News
- Mobiles & Tabs News
- Apps News
- Videos News
- Mobile Recharge News
- DTH Recharge News
- FootBall News
- Laptops News
- Gadgets News
- WWE Wrestling News
- Health & Fitness News