International Coffee Day 2020 - History, Importance and all you need to know about International Coffee Day
Updated: Aug 05,2020 08:12 GMT
International Coffee Day is celebrated on 1st October every year to recognize and celebrate efforts of all those people who are associated with the coffee business as well as provide an opportunity for coffee lovers to share their love for the beverage. Get more information about International Coffee Day History, celebration and facts about coffee.
International Coffee Day 2020
International Coffee Day 2020 is celebrated on the 1st of October each year. International Coffee Day is observed to recognize the efforts of millions of farmers whose livelihood depends on this aromatic crop. International Coffee Day provides an opportunity for all coffee lovers to share their love for the beverage. International Coffee Organisation (ICO) declared and organized the first world coffee day in 2015 in Milan.
In 2014, the International Coffee Organisation decided to observe International Coffee Day every year on the 1st of October. It is also celebrated to raise awareness about issues of coffee farmers across the globe.
What is the History of International Coffee Day?
International Coffee Day also observes the long history of the drink. The properties of coffee beans are likely to have first been discovered in Ethiopia. The seeds are the pits found in the coffee berry or cherry. The story goes that a 9th-century goat herder noticed their stimulating effects on his goats and began experimenting.
Coffee drinking was initially popularised in the Arab world around the 15th century spreading across Asia then to Italy. Later it spread across Europe and to the Americans – and finally to your coffee cup. Coffee is one of the world’s biggest crops today. So buying and promoting ethically grown coffee is all the more important – be sure to be selective in buying your coffee and supporting ethical trade. So when you drink your coffee today, inhale its aroma, taste it's dark and full-bodied flavor, and think about its story, but most of all, enjoy it.
How to Celebrate World Coffee Day?
Undoubtedly, International Coffee Day can be celebrated in the best way with a delicious cup of coffee! There are so many different types of coffee you can try out. You can make your coffee black, and there are lots of different kinds of coffee, differing in strength and richness. You can try out different coffee recipes. The recent one being the Dalgona coffee has been a trend. You can also choose from coffees such as lattes, cappuccinos, americanos, and much more! Why not use International Coffee Day to try a specialty coffee from another country, such as Cypriot coffee? Many states have a unique way of preparing this drink, so it is always fun to try something new.
You could also plan an event or merely a get-together in honor of International Coffee Day, ensuring you support the industry and millions of farmers' livelihoods that depend on this crop.
What are the Health Benefits of Coffee?
Coffee has a lot of health benefits to be listed out. Here are a few of the well-known health benefits of coffee.
- Coffee boosts your physical performance - Sipping a cup of coffee before your workout can increase your energy levels.
- Coffee may help you lose weight.
- Coffee helps you burn fat.
- Coffee helps you focus and stay alert.
- Coffee lowers the risk of death - Coffee helps in reducing the risk of premature death.
- Coffee reduces the risk of cancers - One study has shown that coffee may decrease the risk of developing prostate cancer in men by 20 %, and endometrial cancer in women by 25 %.
- Coffee reduces the risk of stroke.
- Coffee reduces the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
- Coffee protects your body - Coffee contains many antioxidants that work as little warriors fighting and protecting against free radicals within your body.
- Coffee may lower the risk of Type II diabetes - Caffeine decreases your insulin sensitivity and impairs glucose tolerance.
- Coffee protects your brain - High caffeine levels in your blood reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease. It also lowers the risk of dementia.
- Coffee enlightens your mood, helps fight depression, and lowers the risk of suicide.
What are the Beauty Benefits of Coffee?
Reduces cellulite - The abundance of caffeine in coffee plays a crucial role in reducing cellulite's appearance on the skin. Exfoliating the areas prone to cellulite like the thighs, arms, and tummy using coffee scrubs can get you quick results
Reverses The Age-Clock - When used on the skin, coffee scrubs or masks hold high significance in treating the various signs of aging, including wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation. Coffee based skincare products help open the skin pores, ensures proper blood flow, and also evens out skin tone.
Provides Sun Protection - Coffee offers protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. It fights the initiation of carcinogenesis that happens due to UV radiation by evading inflammation in the outer epidermal layer of your skin.
Prevents Acne And Pimples - Coffee being a natural exfoliant, the products help clean the skin pores by removing dead skin cells and accumulating dirt and grime particles from the skin pores.
Enhances Hair Health - The topical application of a coffee mask on the hair and scalp effectively increases blood circulation in the hair follicles, strengthening the hair follicles, and preventing sudden hair fall. It also promotes hair growth and helps in detangling rough hair.
What are the Disadvantages of Coffee?
Everything in this universe has its own pros and cons. Likewise, coffee also has its disadvantages just like its advantages. We have listed out a few of its cons below for your information.
- Bad coffee can be toxic.
- Coffee can kill you if you drink 80-100 cups (23 liters) in a short session.
- Coffee can cause insomnia and restlessness.
- Don’t drink more than one cup of coffee a day if you’re pregnant. Caffeine will reach the fetus, and your baby is highly sensitive to caffeine.
- If you have high cholesterol, filtered coffee is preferable.
- Coffee for kids may increase bedwetting.
- DMK to protest as Guv seeks time to study students quota bill
- 69 km rail line doubling completed in Andhra's central-coastal belt
- Nice to show people we do have a middle order: Warner
- Covid like a forest fire, says Pinarayi Vijayan
- Rs 8.5 lakh seized from car in Congress' Patna office
- Pandey, Shankar lead SRH to 8-wkt win over RR
- Andhra Pradesh Group-I mains exams postponed
- Andhra reports 3K new Covid cases, tally reaches 7.96L
- Delhi HC to hear Gautam Khaitan's plea for staying proceedings on Dec 1
- Tiger skin, claws seized from astrologer's house in Karnataka
- Maha Covid recoveries gallop, active cases drop to 1.5L (Roundup)
- Man held for duping people on pretext of providing FCI tender
- Security researcher breaks into Trump's Twitter account
- World hockey body approves its reviewed gender equality policy
- J&K Admin announces changes in Civil Service Regulations
- 1,136 new cases swell Gujarat's Covid tally to 1,64,121
- Ruling Congress played fraud with farmers: Sukhbir Badal
- Delhi Police bust gang of women thieves from MP
- 'Foe-turned-friend': Jose K. Mani's party welcomed into LDF
- Huawei launches 'Mate 40' phones with 5nm Kirin 9000 chip
- General News
- Cinema/Showbiz News
- National News
- Sports News
- Science/Technology News
- International News
- Business News
- Entertainment News
- INDIA News
- Tech News
- Lottery Results News
- Quotes News
- Corona News
- LifeStyle News
- Lyrics News
- Cricket News
- Religion News
- Cricket News
- Television News
- App News News
- Games News
- Movies News
- Mobiles & Tabs News
- Apps News
- Videos News
- Mobile Recharge News
- DTH Recharge News
- FootBall News
- Laptops News
- Gadgets News
- WWE Wrestling News
- Good Morning Quotes
- Indian Air Force Day 2020
- International Translation Day
- World Heart Day
- Teachers Day
- World Tourism Day
- World Rose Day
- World Toilet Day
- National Integration Day
- World Computer Literacy Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People 2020
- Africa Industrialization Day
- Territorial Army Day
- World Day of Social Justice 2020
- Armistice Day 2020
- International Day of Peace
- International Literacy Day
- International Day of Charity
- Engineer's Day
- International Coffee Day
- World Habitat Day
- World Animal Welfare Day
- International Day of Non-Violence
- Gandhi Jayanti 2020