Engineer’s Day 2020 - Engineer’s Day History, Importance, Origin, Concept, and Facts
Updated: Aug 06,2020 07:42 GMT
Engineer’s Day is observed on the 15th of September every year in India commemorating the birthday of one of the greatest engineers in India to date and an amazing human being Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya (Sir MV). Read on to know all the details about Engineer’s Day, its Origin and Importance.
Engineer’s Day 2020
Engineers’ Day in India is celebrated on the 15th of September every year. Engineers' Day marks the birth anniversary of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya who is also popularly known as Sir MV. Engineers' Day is observed on this day because Sir MV was literally the “Builder of India'', the builder of dams and water systems in India. More precisely his work not only boosted the irrigation facilities in the country but also saved a huge number of people from floods. Sir MV is an engineering pioneer of India and his genius approach is reflected in the harnessing of the water resources and buildings and consolidation of dams all across the country.
What is the History of Engineer’s Day?
In India, we celebrate Engineer’s Day on the 15th of September every year on Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya (Sir MV) Birth anniversary. Sir MV is known as India's most prolific civil engineer, economist, dam builder and statesman. His name is amongst one of the most prominent builders of India in the 20th century. In his tenure of being the Diwan of Mysore from 1912 to 1918, he completely transformed the state into a place which was then known as a “Model State''. Sir MV is known as “Father of Modern Mysore” for his numerous contributions in industrial, economic and social projects.
Note: Different nations celebrate the day in their way and at different timelines of the year
What are the achievements of Sir MV?
- Sir MV was the chief engineer involved in the construction of the Krishna Raja Sagara Dam in Mysore, the biggest dam in Asia at that time.
- In the year 1909, when the city of Hyderabad was in extreme danger of flood, Sir Visvesvaraya was then appointed as the special consultant engineer to make the Hyderabad city flood proof. His excellent engineering work saved the Visakhapatnam port from sea erosion.
- Sir MV also invented the block system, automated doors that close the water overflows. He designed the floodgates (patented on his name) which were first installed at the Khadakwasla reservoir in Pune in 1903.
- Government Engineering College, Bengaluru was established by Sir MV which was later named as University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering in his honour.
- In 1955, he was awarded with “Bharat Ratna” for his outstanding contribution in the building of India.
- He was also awarded with the British knighthood by King George V, which gives the honour “Sir” before his name
Why is Engineer’s Day celebrated?
Engineer’s Day is celebrated to feel proud of the engineers of our country and to celebrate their achievements in each and every field of science and technology. In the economic progress and development of a country engineers play a very crucial role and contribution. The day is devoted to celebrate the past accomplishments of engineers and to glorify the future trends in engineering. The day shows the significance and importance of engineers at every step of our daily life.
What is the Significance of Engineer’s Day 2020?
A day indeed is very important to celebrate our engineers. Our lives have been simplified in various ways by the engineers. Simplicity have been brought to every complex process and all this is only because of our supremely talented engineers. Everything is online these days including online transactions, online learning, online businesses and many more and all these are made possible by engineers only. They are coming with innovations and better versions of products every day. That is why it is relevant to celebrate our engineers and their achievements on engineering day.
Quotes about Engineers and Engineering Day
“As engineers, we are going to be in a position to change the world- not just study it”- Henry Petroski, American engineer and author
“This job is a great scientific adventure. But it’s also a great human adventure”- Fabiola Gianotti, Higgs Boson physicist
“Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world”- Isaac Asimov, American writer, professor of biochemistry
“The engineer has been, and is, a maker of history”- James Kip Finch, American engineer and educator
“The ideal engineer is a composite...He is not a scientist, he is not a mathematician, he is not a sociologist or a writer; but he may use the knowledge and techniques of any or all of these disciplines in solving engineering problems”- Nathan W. Dougherty, American civil engineer
“The way to succeed is to double your failure”- Thomas J. Watson, Pioneer in the field of computing equipment for IBM
Engineers’ Day Wishes
- Happy Engineer’s Day to all the Engineers. We salute your great ideas and innovations that have truly changed our lives.
- Engineers are person who discover world by their brain and pen, Happy Engineer’s Day
- You are the one who can create anything with your brains and creativity because you are an Engineer, Wishing you a very Happy Engineer’s Day
- Without Engineers in our lives, it would have been a completely different world to live..Warm wishes on Engineer’s Day and a big thankyou for giving us all these inventions.
- On the occasion of Engineer’s Day, we wish to thank the creative, intelligent and amazing engineer in you who is constantly working hard to give us something new
- Khanapara Teer Common Number Today
- What's Up Danger Lyrics
- sunlott result today
- driving simulator roblox codes 2020
- How to become a Shadow in Fortnite
- How to watch SAS Australia TV Show 2020
- How to Apply Coupon Code in Flipkart
- I will 100% return to cricket administration: Ruchir Modi (IANS Interview)
- Horton Hears a Who Lyrics
- GTA 5 Gun Cheats Codes
- Who Win Tomorrow IPL Match
- Gangsta's Paradise lyrics
- How to update Apps on Firestick
- 12 kids killed as deadly air strike hits mosque in Afghanistan (Ld)
- Woo Woo Lyrics
- Pokemon GO Adventure Sync NOT Working?
- India successfully tests anti-tank guided missile Nag, ready for induction in Army
- 12 kids killed as deadly air strike hits mosque in Syria
- Soyuz spacecraft brings 3 ISS crew members to Earth
- Sydney, Canberra to host white-ball leg of Aus-Ind series: report
- General News
- Cinema/Showbiz News
- National News
- Sports News
- Science/Technology News
- International News
- Business News
- Entertainment News
- INDIA News
- Tech News
- Lottery Results News
- Quotes News
- Corona News
- LifeStyle News
- Lyrics News
- Cricket News
- Religion News
- Cricket News
- Television News
- App News News
- Games News
- Movies News
- Mobiles & Tabs News
- Apps News
- Videos News
- Mobile Recharge News
- DTH Recharge News
- FootBall News
- Laptops News
- Gadgets News
- WWE Wrestling News
- Good Morning Quotes
- Indian Air Force Day 2020
- International Translation Day
- World Heart Day
- Teachers Day
- World Tourism Day
- World Rose Day
- World Toilet Day
- National Integration Day
- World Computer Literacy Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People 2020
- Africa Industrialization Day
- Territorial Army Day
- World Day of Social Justice 2020
- Armistice Day 2020
- International Day of Peace
- International Literacy Day
- International Day of Charity
- Engineer's Day
- International Coffee Day
- World Habitat Day
- World Animal Welfare Day
- International Day of Non-Violence
- Gandhi Jayanti 2020